Cyprus is an ideal investment gateway to the European Union, as well as a portal for investment outside the EU, particularly into the Middle East, India and China. As a member of the wider EU and Eurozone community, Cyprus ensures safety and stability for investors, while at the same time offers market access to more than 500 million EU citizens.
Cyprus’ legal system, based on English Common Law principles, is widely recognised as a business-friendly and effective system that ensures transparency and reliability in business practices. Offering foreign businesses, a familiar and reliable framework within which to operate.
Cyprus is also fully compliant with the EU Directives and Regulations, the Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering (FATF), OECD, FATCA, the Financial Stability Forum laws.
Moreover, Cyprus offers an attractive tax regime, providing access to an extensive network of more than 60 Double Tax Treaties, and maintaining a corporate tax rate of 12.5%, offering international investors the confidence to set up business or headquarters of their business in Cyprus.
Key areas to do Business in Cyprus
- Real Estate Projects
- Energy, Oil & Gas
- Alternative Investment Funds
- Research & Development
- Starts Ups
- Professional Services
Key reasons to do business in Cyprus
- One of the lowest corporate tax regimes (12.5%) in Europe
- Access to EU directives such as the Parent-Subsidiary
- Double Taxation Agreements with over 60 countries
- Longstanding bilateral relations with a plethora of countries worldwide
- Dividend participation exemption (subject to conditions)
- Exemption on profits of foreign permanent establishments
- Exemption from tax on gains from the disposal of securities such as shares or bonds
- No withholding taxes on interest and dividends
- No tax on dividends, interest and rental income of non-domiciled individuals (non-Do
- 50% exemption on employment income exceeding €100,000 per annum for non-residents taking up employment in Cyprus
- EU-approved Tonnage Tax System with no direct link to corporate tax
- Membership in International Organisations such as the Commonwealth, the W.T.O, I.M.F etc.
- High-calibre of multilingual professionals in legal and financial services
- Market access to 500 million EU citizens
- Attractive, efficient and transparent tax regime for companies, trusts, funds, shipping, IP, etc.
- Investment opportunities in real estate, alternative investment funds, financial services, etc.
- Plethora of business opportunities in oil & gas, tourism, shipping, funds, education, etc